City of Toronto Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program
After sever thunder storms and significant rainfall the City of Toronto took action to prevent the damage home owners faced several years ago from happening again. The City introduced Rebates, to those eligible, to protect and reinforce their basements from flooding. The three rebates available to the home owners are:
- Backwater Valve
- Installation or replacement of backwater valve
- Installation of alarm for backwater valve
- 80 % of the invoiced cost up to a maximum of $1,250 regardless of the number of devices installed at the property, including eligible labour, materials, permit and taxes.
- Sump Pump
- Installation or replacement of sump pump
- Installation of alarm for sump pump
- Installation of back-up power for sump pump
- 80 % of the invoiced cost up to a maximum of $1,750 regardless of the number of devices installed at the property, including eligible labour, materials, permit and taxes.
- Foundation Drain (weeping tile) Pipe Severance and Capping
- Disconnection of foundation drains (weeping tiles) from the City’s sewer system by severing and capping the underground sewer connection
- 80 % of the invoiced cost up to a maximum of $400 including eligible labour, materials and taxes.
In order to be eligible for the subsidies, one should be compliant with the City’s conditions for such. One of the conditions is that, an owner cannot install the abovementioned equipment him or herself, but has to hire a licensed contractor for the job. Do not miss out on such opportunity to protect you house against the flood by receiving support from the city you live in.
A total subsidy of up to $3,400.00 per property, upon proper installation of flood-prevention devices which include a back-water valve , a sump pump, or severing and capping the home’s storm sewer or external weeping tile connection are eligible. Downspout disconnection is not covered by the subsidy.
Hire Energy Plumbing Specialists Today! Call now!